Real Customers. Real Results.
April 29, 2020
The saying “what’s in the dark comes to light”, has never felt so true when discussing dark circles. Whatever is happening in the body internally, often shows externally through our skin. With our lower eyelids having the thinnest layer of skin, on the face, signs of distress will cause hyperpigmentation or what we know as, “dark circles”.
The causes of dark circles vary from person to person. Age, lifestyle, and genetics are just a few of the factors that can affect the reason why you may have dark circles. The good news is, treating dark circles is oftentimes easy and cost-effective. Before beginning treatment for dark circles, it is important to understand the possible causes to find the best treatment. Here are the following factors that cause dark circles:
1) Lack of sleep causes the skin to appear a lot paler than usual, this also causes a build-up of fluids making the eyes puffier.
2) Allergies often can cause dark circles. When the body has an allergic reaction, it releases histamines. Histamines may cause symptoms of eye redness, itchiness, puffiness, and dark circles.
3) Low iron often causes the skin to appear duller, and paler than usual – including the under-eyes region.
4) Dehydration is a common cause of dark circles. When the body is not getting adequate water, the skin dries out appearing duller and darker.
5) Genetics can also affect your risk of dark circles. If thinner, more delicate skin (under the eyes) runs in your family, the likelihood of having dark circles is higher.
In our previous article, we discussed retinol as the ultimate skin treatment found in our best-selling products. Not only does retinol clear the skin of impurities, it also aids in boosting collagen, reducing eye thinness and puffiness. By applying a dime-size amount of our Refining Creme under the eyes, you will visibly notice that dark circles will disappear in a shorter period of time.
Nourish + Tone
Adore you softer, dewier skin that is refined and free discoloration, dullness, and dark circles.